Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Lots Going On


I have so much to show you today, so this blog post might be a bit lengthy. But it's all good stuff! First I'll tell you about not one but TWO challenges and then I'll show you my Dueling Darling card.

Because I was running close on time, I made one card that fit both of the challenges.




Image: Elizabeth Bell


The two challenges are the {PIN}Spirational Challenge and the Twisted Tuesday Challenge.


http://www.pinspirationalchallenges.blogspot.com/







April 15 - 21


Here is the picture to {PIN}Spire us:







The Sponsors for the {PIN}Spirational Challenge are:


http://www.elisabethbell.com/digital-collection




http://www.inkyimpressionsrubberstamps.com/index.php




and


http://glamoureyes.myshopify.com/



THANK YOU to all of the sponsors!


http://twistedtuesdaychallenges.blogspot.com/



April 15 - 28

Theme: Use more than 3 patterned papers

Twist: You can't do your paperwork without a pen. 
Show us writing or doodling!


I don't doodle well, but here is a closeup of some of the doodling on my card:





Pathetic, I know. :/







Here's the inside of my card:


It has more doodling. 

I hope you'll participate in both the {PIN}Spirational Challenge and the Twisted Tuesday Challenge.


Now...................

Let's see what the Dueling Darlings are up to this month.

Kadie and April are the hostesses this month and they chose the theme...

Girl's Night Out


You know how this duel works, right? We have two groups and the hostess from each group comes up with a theme. Then they each send kits to their group members and we show our projects on the 15th of the month. It's a big surprise... none of us know what the other group is getting until the reveal.

April sent the Dazzlers (I'm a Dazzler) a wonderful kit filled with lots of fun goodies! THANK YOU, April!

April's kit included:
Wood Embellishments ~ Prima's Princess Collection
Metal Index Tabs ~ Making Memories
Asst'd Ribbon ~ her stash
Card Stock ~ Sugar N Spice, Coffee, and Fuschia Fizz  by Coordination
DP ~ Pink Swirls and Pink Gingham by Paper Pizazz
      ~ Paper Jazzy by ColorBok
Sequins ~ Teresa Collins
Stamp Set ~ Ginger Snaps Celebrate by C.C. Designs stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black




Here's the card I made:



Now, I'm a tee-totaller (never touch alcohol).... so that's a cherry limeade in her hand. ;)


I love the little wooden embellishments April included in the kit!

A tiara!


And a sweet sentiment!














Here's the inside of my card:




As a little extra fun, Kadie and April what the Dueling Darlings to share who our longest friend is and what we like doing with her. hmmmmmmmm... well let's see, my sister is about 5' 9" tall... I'm guessing that makes her about my longest friend from top to bottom. *snickering!

Seriously, my sister is the friend I've had the longest... my entire life, in fact. We live many miles away from each other now and see each other only a few times a year. So I guess the think we most like doing is keeping in touch via text and phone calls.

Now, let's go check out the other Dueling Darling blogs...

DAZZLERS

Deb

DIVAS



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Image: Elizabeth Bell
Ink: Copic Markers and Zig Wink of Stella Markers
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Lovely Lilac
Designer Paper: DCWV Girlhood Paper Stack
Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones


The only thing I used other than what was in April's kit was a piece of Staples White cardstock for the card base and my Copic markers for coloring.

14 comments:

Darlene said...

Hehehe, I guess she IS your longest friend, in more ways than one!

Love the doodling on the first card! It looks like thread in the picture. What a precious image you chose. Very pretty!

Your Dueling card is great fun! I love how you used the tiara and wooden sentiment! (and I think mine has pink lemonade in her glass too)

Hugs!

kadie said...

Hi Jeanette! Of course, I think both cards are awesome, but I want to give a special shout out to the DD one! It's super cute!! Love how you placed the crown on her head and the whole layout is just fab. I love being a DD with you! hugs, kadie

kadie said...

P.S. You're hilarious :)

Carol W said...

Oh my goodness Jeanette, I love both cards. The first one is so soft and pretty and the immie was perfect for this. I love your doodle..that was a very clever idea and perfect to boot. You DDD card is darling...so cute and fun. I am so glad we are ddd's and friends....

:: BlueInks :: said...

Your first card is so sweet. The doodling added a carefree element to the card, just perfect.

Now that CUTE dueling card....the use of the crown just tops the card off. Very cute. I also like how you arranged the papers on the interior.

Barb said...

Jeanette--I really like both of your cards.;

The Dazzler one is so sweet and reminds me of myself--the lady with the crown! Sweet Colors too.

I love your 2nd challenge card too--your doodles are great!

Kristie W. said...

Wonderful cards!! I love the papers on the first one and you did great with the doodling!

The second card is too cute with her little crown!

kiwimeskreations said...

Gorgeous cards Jeanette - love both the sweet images, oh, and your doodling ;-).
Blessings
Maxine

Pat (mspfd) said...

Oh my gosh, both of these cards are the sweetest! Beautiful coloring and terrific designs!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Jeanette your card is so pretty and perfect to celebrate a girl's night out. Love all the pink from papers to ribbon to the coloring of that sweet image. The wooden crown and sentiment panel are just terrific embellishments!!

Oh, I love that you consider your sister your longest and oldest friend...So sweet! Wish you could be together more often and hope you have the opportunity to be together soon! I, too, consider my sister among my best friends.

dweatter said...

Adorable! Love how you used the wooden embellishments. I should have thought rouse the crown as well. Wonderful card.

~Paola~ said...

awww...such a sweet, adorable card!
Lovely lay out, Jeanette, as x usual of course and I absolutly love the fact that you used the wooden embellishments...Really well done my friend! ♥

Unknown said...

I love the image in the first card! Very pretty job!! Love all the pink in the second card! Looks like you had fun! Kits are always fun to play with! Lovely coloring on both!!!

Terry Ladwig said...

Awwww Jeanette, love how you put the crown on her head :-) What and adorable card!!!